A Press Release (PR) uses the news media to attract attention to business. A news-oriented article announces a new business, service, or program. Online PR’s have prominence on the web and are highly searchable through the major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
You can use newswire services such as marketwire.com, prweb.com, prnewswire.com, presswire.com, or industry-based publications to deliver your press release.
Breakdown of the elements contained within the Press Release:
- The Headline: This is what grabs your audience’s attention and tells them why they want to read on.
- The Summary: A short synopsis (no more than a paragraph) of why your service is important and how it stands out against other products or services just like it. (See also positioning/USP).
- Dateline: Include the date of the Press Release, city, and state where the product/service is taking place.
- The Body: This is the main portion of your Press Release. Give the details, further explanations, statistics, background information – anything that’s relevant to your announcement that backs up any claims. This is where you give the proof element to any claims you’ve made in the Headline, Summary, or Introduction.
- The Intro: The start of the body copy of the press release. It should answer the 5 w’s of journalism: Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
- Contact Information: This gives all the information of how to reach the contact person. Name, phone number, cell phone, email address, website, and mailing address.
Here are a couple of press release samples
- Digital Copycat began distributing a new micro-USB flash drive created for Android and Smartphones and needed a press release to publicize the news.
- Digital Copycat needed another PR to market their dual flash drives to trades show exhibitors.
- TLC Residential wanted a press release to drum up support for challenging the Department of Labor’s decision that would bankrupt their sober living home — and change the precedent of sober living homes across the country.
- In the Mix Radio wanted a press release announcing their new online radio format.
- Academy of Fencing Masters required a PR announcing their new summer session of fencing classes.
- The Tiny Tots Learning Center owner, Sherry Santa Cruz, bought franchise Kinderdance™ for the San Joaquin Valley region. This press release is to announce the Grand Opening at The Tiny Tots Learning Center.
Call 510-734-3040 or click here to get started on your Press Release today!